2012 Workshop Dates:
- What you need to know:
- What is Gatorland?
For over half a century, Gatorland has been creating fond vacation memories for millions of visitors who have entered through its gaping gator mouth entrance. Families, friends and employees alike have ventured through the glass double doors on their way to a journey through this natural, low-tech adventure. Located between Orlando and Kissimmee on the South Orange Blossom Trail, Gatorland is one of Central Florida's oldest attractions, and provides a unique and natural alternative to the larger theme parks of today.
- Where is Gatorland?
14501 South Orange Blossom Trail
Orlando, FL 32837
Toll Free: 800.393.JAWS
- Why Gatorland?
Gatorland is the ultimate location to truly learn from many challenging photography scenarios. The Bird Rookery is where the workshop will be conducted and will be our play ground for two full days. The Rookery offers amazing opportunities to photograph birds in breeding plumage, nesting behavior, eggs, chicks, birds in flight and gators. Gatorland is the ultimate learning ground!
- What species are we going to photograph?
During my workshop, we’ll photograph birds in breeding plumage. Including Great Egret, Tri-Colored Heron, Cattle Egret, Snowy Egret, Anhinga, Cormorants, Green Herons, Spoonbills, Wood Stork and lots of gators!
- What will I teach during the workshop?
- Using your flash
- Fill flash
- Long lens panning technique using your tripod
- Handheld panning technique
- Birds in flight
- Subject isolation
- Manual Exposure
- How to create silhouettes successfully
- Digital workflow
- And more….
- Are we going to be walking a lot?
Absolutely NOT. We will stay in the board walk and will move depending on where the birds are.
- Do I need a special pass to get in early and stay late?
Yes! Luckily, Gatorland offers an early entry pass and a Photographer’s Pass as well. Call Gatorland and purchase your tickets ahead of time. Their toll free number is 800.393.JAWS
- Orlando International Airport, Florida
- Hotels.com can help you find a nearby hotel. Use zip code 32837 and make a reservation for Saturday and Sunday.
- Workshop Tuition and Registration:
- $599 per person for 2 full days of extensive shooting.
- Maximum of 5 attendees (best learning experience). Family members are welcome.
- Each participant is responsible for their own transportation
- Each participant is responsible for his/her own physical condition during the workshop
- You are responsible for your own hotel room, entry pass and food
- Each participant must download and submit the Workshop Registration Form at the time of registration. Download Form
- Why should I go with you?
- I will use all my experience and skills to make sure YOU GET RESULTS. I’ve been known for shooting very little during my workshops. Allowing me to focus in YOU!!
- I will put you right in front of the action maximizing your opportunities in the field.
- I will teach and assist you with ALL your questions and needs.
- I will also help you set up your equipment (Canon or Nikon) to maximize your opportunities.
- My small group workshops are specifically designed to TRULLY help my attendees and not act as a “travel agent”. You are my priority!!
- I will critique your images. This will help you avoid the same mistake day after day, allowing you to improve your photography skills and help you avoid future mistakes.
- Lastly, my prices are the BEST out there. Why pay more??